- Twitter Digest: November 5, 2011 http://t.co/O9aV1OYj..... November 5, 2011 @ 23:03
- RE: @db5987 Your position, Daniel, clearly and irrefutably states that you subscribe to zero moral boundaries. You di... http://t.co/OPI76B5r..... November 6, 2011 @ 10:43
- RE: Do you think it's wise to take cues from confused animals? I don't. Horny dogs hump human legs. Where does that g... http://t.co/bFEijvQ9..... November 6, 2011 @ 12:27
- RE: "There is NO reason to hate on anyone for their personal preferences or beliefs anyway."
- Homosexual-Fascist Hogwash: "Michigans Anti-Bullying Bill: Protecting Religious Tormenters?" | Swampland http://t.co/dJPh0EXb..... November 6, 2011 @ 13:41
- RE: @ Dear Anna,
- RE: Who said it's God taking them away? Who said that only what you do in private is the reason? Have you not heard o... http://t.co/8U7bpGaR..... November 6, 2011 @ 14:07
- RE: What "proof" will satisfy you, David? What do you want? What are you looking for?
- RE: @DocForbin Peter,
You didn't say in your comment that no one should be allowed to say that ADHD is a problem.
- RE: "Bullies are enemies and they cannot muster under a banner of religious or 'moral
conviction' and violate the l... http://t.co/ZH19nkE3..... November 6, 2011 @ 14:55
- RE: "The bible does say that same gender sex is a sin, but it also says Adultery, and marriage after divorce are sins... http://t.co/6IGrXNk3..... November 6, 2011 @ 15:04
- RE: You are not differentiating sufficiently between "natural law" for humans versus the ways of nature with other sp... http://t.co/eZ9KTwth..... November 6, 2011 @ 15:26
- RE: "Christianity's biggest problem with homosexuality is they think you can "catch" it.
- RE: You are absolutely right about the Viki Knox case. Homosexual and pro-homosexual
Â fascists are after her because ... http://t.co/hoTD4Ga6..... November 6, 2011 @ 15:49
- RE: "Either that or bully the kid for eating the flesh of an unclean animal...."
- RE: Skyler,
- RE: Point to one place where Jesus justifies rape and slavery of the type you mean.
- RE: @ "Mind your own business. Leave us alone."
- RE: @TomUsher It is harmful, Paul Hanson. http://t.co/ExZzqMnW..... November 6, 2011 @ 17:12
- RE: @TomUsher Paul Hanson,
You are not careful to differentiate.
- RE: You didn't answer.
What is proof of God? That is what you've been asking for.
- RE: Guesses? Who needs to guess? I don't.
- RE: "Please stop clouding the issue"?
- RE: You did not answered the question. What will constitute proof of the existence of God to you? You can't even answ... http://t.co/TPfWIUIf..... November 6, 2011 @ 19:02
- RE: Are you denying that the brain is changed by acting differently? Yes or no? http://t.co/h5y5iQVX..... November 6, 2011 @ 19:10
- RE: Oh, replying to that, I'll be criticized for working over the straw man -- too easy to make your side look bad, n... http://t.co/FPbhBwvd..... November 6, 2011 @ 19:20
- RE: Oh, now you can't read at all. You ask me a question again that I answered in great detail:
- RE: Nearly everyone here who doesn't like what I'm saying is glad to see anyone try to come back at me. You really ne... http://t.co/u2yKKzaN..... November 6, 2011 @ 19:49
- RE: You demand proof. It's your problem to define it.
Try sticking to the issues.
- RE: I see you didn't even admit that you were wrong to have said "boy" as opposed to "young man." There's a big diffe... http://t.co/cyVbu87C..... November 6, 2011 @ 20:14
- RE: I don't care whether you've said whether Plato was real or not. Prove he was real whether you've said it or not.
... http://t.co/OAuCEWXT..... November 6, 2011 @ 20:45
- RE: @ "You know, of course, that I suggested none of the above."
- RE: I don't see anything in the Michigan law that even remotely suggests that screaming at another child for the reas... http://t.co/QVKrEb6u..... November 6, 2011 @ 23:25
- It's interesting to see the differences when you sort this Disqus thread in different ways. The "Sort by best rating"... http://t.co/4ujQVx70..... November 7, 2011 @ 01:26
- UPDATED: Homosexual-Fascist Hogwash: "Michigans Anti-Bullying Bill: Protecting Religious Tormenters?" http://t.co/LsBNTuOf..... November 7, 2011 @ 01:40
- RE: From this, you claim I've said Christians may be hypocrites:
- RE: @sonaralee Rather than setting up a straw man to attack, cite the part or parts of the Michigan law that you woul... http://t.co/jFhapG2z..... November 7, 2011 @ 15:17
- RE: "...how do you justify making a ruling that would make it okay for people to bully
others in the name of god?"
... http://t.co/bnuotFlm..... November 7, 2011 @ 15:35
- RE: You are apparently unaware of the huge numbers of professing Christians who are perhaps the strongest advocates o... http://t.co/EfeVb6JE..... November 7, 2011 @ 15:51
- RE: "How does an obvious Christian hating liberal get a gig writing about
Because she's a fake liberal ... November 7, 2011 @ 15:57
Lets' see. Let's take this joke reply apart. We'll dissect the mind behind it.
- RE: @ Quote the assertion for which you want a credible source.
- RE: You are saying homosex is okay. Christian children are hearing that. If and when a child being raised as a Christ... http://t.co/OPuDXOiU..... November 7, 2011 @ 17:55
- RE: The Michigan law is very carefully drafted. It could be improved and should be, but I doubt you even bothered to ... http://t.co/qi7YLx0m..... November 7, 2011 @ 18:06
- RE: Yours is a typical homosexual-agenda reply, just ignore what the other person wrote: "If they do in your world it... http://t.co/0Vg4a8Qm..... November 7, 2011 @ 18:10
- RE: I am concerned with the lost sheep who stray here. Also, I have been giving many pause for thought.
- RE: Christians aren't supposed to point out people's sins? No, you have that wrong. The issue isn't with pointing out... http://t.co/dBLpxgiO..... November 7, 2011 @ 18:40
- RE: Max,
The Apostles quoted Jesus.
- RE: Oh, I know. There's one guy I decided quite awhile ago just completely to ignore because he asks the same things ... http://t.co/O1yiihva..... November 7, 2011 @ 19:07
- RE: I've asked others here to cite the part or parts of the Michigan law that they would strike or edit and explain e... http://t.co/v7TQnYdn..... November 7, 2011 @ 19:15
- RE: Of course, your comment left as is would leaves others with the false impression that real Christians are doing w... http://t.co/cj9fUKQ1..... November 7, 2011 @ 19:51
- RE: Poor Ema,
- RE: @http://t.co/E4Q2g6sJ..... November 7, 2011 @ 20:06 What does that mean here: "comparing"? Does the following compare "someone discoverin...
- RE: @TomUsher
"on Lindsay Lohan Playboy Issue Should Be on Shelves in Time for Christmas 11/08/11 07:09 AM
- RE: @TomUsher "The connection with Nazism and homosexuality is one of the greatest kept secrets..." Yes, it has been.... http://t.co/siKSMHHS..... November 8, 2011 @ 19:27
- God, I hate this: Headline "Iran worked on nuclear bomb...Reuters" 1st line: "Iran appears to have...." Huge difference & only alleged! November 8, 2011 @ 22:00
- Brit PM Cameron threatens aid cut to Sierra Leone if it doesn't okay homo anal sex. If it weren't for banksters, Cameron would be nothing. November 8, 2011 @ 22:57
- We all know that a Texas judge has denied Hank Skinner's request for testing of DNA evidence because Texas is afraid he's innocent. November 8, 2011 @ 23:00
- If they execute Hank Skinner & test the DNA & he's shown to have been innocent, should Texas be put to death for premeditated murder? November 8, 2011 @ 23:04
- #November 8, 2011 @ 23:58 The higher you raise taxes on the superrich, even up to 90% of income, the more jobs would result.
- The White House vs. UFO believers http://t.co/ZaGGbOdh..... November 9, 2011 @ 00:06
- Yesterday, I was thinking about Joe Frazier. I hadn't thought about him in a long time. Today, I find out he died yesterday. RIP, Joe. November 9, 2011 @ 00:26
- #November 9, 2011 @ 00:34 The fact is that the more people who join a credit union, the sooner the big banks will go after credit unions via Congress.
- As suspected, the International Atomic Energy Agency report against Iran is empty. If they had anything, they would have put it out there. November 9, 2011 @ 00:51
- Now what will happen with the IAEA report against Iran is that over days they'll dribble out supposed greater detail to ramp up the story. November 9, 2011 @ 00:53
- Watch, each bit of IAEA dribble against Iran will have been extremely carefully crafted to sound like proof but without being proof. November 9, 2011 @ 00:55
- Like Bush's Big Lie, 16 words: Iran's activities: "both civilian and military applications,...'others are specific to nuclear weapons'." November 9, 2011 @ 01:01
- They are claiming (not saying "may be") some of Iran's activities "are specific to nuclear weapons." They will not prove that. Watch! November 9, 2011 @ 01:02
- Bush-43 dÃ©jÃ vu on steroids: IAEA report against Iran is via Zionist-neocons on the inside. One of their agent-dupes is running the place. November 9, 2011 @ 01:08
- The IAEA has nothing real on Iran. Make them prove what they claim. Make them release it for multiple independent testing/fact-checking. November 9, 2011 @ 01:11
- The IAEA report against Iran is false propaganda by professional liars. It stinks just as the lies in the lead-up to invading Iraq stank. November 9, 2011 @ 01:15
- Here's the "Chained Consumer Price Index." If food cost go up, people stop eating, so they can live on less. Can you believe that crap? November 9, 2011 @ 01:29
- If they cut Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid on the old & poor rather then raising taxes on the Kleptocrats, how long to revolution? November 9, 2011 @ 01:42
- Vote? Choice? Banksters crashed the economy via toxic derivatives & liars loans they created, but Obama's gonna cut Social Security. November 9, 2011 @ 01:45
- You actually think you have a say when you vote in a rigged election? You do if you're with the riggers. Otherwise, you're just a sap. November 9, 2011 @ 01:47
- Fair? Sharon Bialek accused Herman Cain. Will she take a lie-detector test? If she does & passes & he won't, then it's time for him to go. November 9, 2011 @ 01:54
- "Joe Frazier... He was a proud champion, who never gave up his resentment of Muhammad Ali." It's not true. Joe forgave Ali completely. November 9, 2011 @ 01:57
- Iran's envoy to IAEA, Ali Asghar Soltanieh: report "repetition of old claims...proven baseless by Iran in a precise 117-page response." November 9, 2011 @ 02:02
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)