- Twitter Digest: December 12, 2011 http://t.co/R6fdBGn3..... December 13, 2011 @ 01:33
- The so-called homosexual penguins weren't. It was always all a total fabrication, false propaganda, by homosexuals. December 13, 2011 @ 02:41
- News from The Associated Press: Homosexual penguins weren't http://t.co/20OW4rJ6..... December 13, 2011 @ 14:51
- Updated: "Another conversation: Going deep with Tom Usher and Noah Anthony Russell" http://t.co/n0aQKu5p..... December 13, 2011 @ 16:58
- Canada is now officially suffering from the curse of oil, and it's spreading the contagion. "Canada formally withdraws from Kyoto Protocol." December 13, 2011 @ 17:17
- Yep: Tea Party politicians like old ones, except less competent http://t.co/NHKy6IYh..... December 13, 2011 @ 17:51
- "The Hollow Campaign to Label Occupy Wall Street as Anti-Semitic" Just don't lump all "Jews" together. That's it. http://t.co/fceOFJNd..... December 13, 2011 @ 18:30
- #December 13, 2011 @ 18:36 To police. Walk through Occupy camps without any armor but as old-fashion, lone cops walking the beat. Converse. Smile. Be nice.
- #December 13, 2011 @ 18:42 Disconnect: "...sarcastic point was well made, 'Nothing makes the blood boil of the American people like reinstating Glass-Steagall!'"
- "...reinstating Glass-Steagall" is a joke? #December 13, 2011 @ 18:46 wouldn't be if the banksters hadn't killed the New Deal. We can do better though.
- David Cameron was/is bluffing (negotiating ploy) to get larger concessions to come back to the table. The City is playing good cop, bad cop. December 13, 2011 @ 19:24
- Maan News Agency: Record number of Palestinians displaced in 2011 http://t.co/UvAzrB4b..... December 13, 2011 @ 19:45
- #http://t.co/f4k14PAI..... December 13, 2011 @ 22:10 "Rising star from afar, Elizabeth Warren, shines here" ... "...the best candidate money can't buy...." We'll see.
- China's made 0 friends & plenty of enemies w/ it's unilateral, anti-international Law of the Sea decision that it owns the South China Sea. December 13, 2011 @ 22:33
- States push to end the death penalty: http://t.co/OzMEUwEf..... December 13, 2011 @ 23:05
- #http://t.co/3AZaIQd2..... December 14, 2011 @ 00:54 I'm not a fan of the Fed, far from it; but the recent lending story is over hyped. We do need daylight though.
- #http://t.co/XLZQs68x..... December 14, 2011 @ 00:57 "BERNANKE'S OBFUSCATION CONTINUES" Borrowers did pay it back (if Bernanke's telling the truth). Favoritism?
- "EnCana declined to give federal officials a detailed breakdown of every compound used underground." Shut them down? December 14, 2011 @ 03:44
- #http://t.co/9eNi05HR..... http://t.co/GfJEH2xL..... December 14, 2011 @ 05:32 Wall Street, Banks, EU and US Debt, an Interview with Ellen Brown Â«
- PLO Executive Committee Member & Palestinian lawmaker, Dr. Hanan Ashrawi, offers to host Newt Gingrich http://t.co/qcNzamBM..... December 14, 2011 @ 19:42
- Part 4: Monetary Reformer Bill Still has put his hat in the presidential race as a Libertarian candidate. What are y... http://t.co/fW0WpGoD..... December 15, 2011 @ 01:26
- Part 5: My reply to Ellen Brown on "Monetary Reformer Bill Still has put his hat in the presidential race as a Liber... http://t.co/SO83uw60..... December 15, 2011 @ 03:11
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/bf3nVUh6..... Pulpit Freedom Sunday December 15, 2011 @ 20:20
- Must watch: Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Huber about GMO's & especially Monsanto (Parts 1 & 2) http://t.co/pWVvmRIm..... December 15, 2011 @ 23:43
- I'm not signing any petitions about "All-American Muslim" because I don't think there is such a thing (or an All-American Christian...). December 16, 2011 @ 00:03
- "Is Cheating the Rational Reaction to Monogamy?" To some of the rationalizing adulterous it appears to be taken that way. December 16, 2011 @ 00:15
- BTW, what's reality TV? December 16, 2011 @ 00:22
- Fighting between capitalist giants TLC and Lowe's over a TV show about Muslims in America? That's real? Choose your reactionaries. December 16, 2011 @ 00:36
- If Obama's signs he has power to indefinitely detain you because trust him, you're a suspect, then Ron Paul's the only choice now. December 16, 2011 @ 01:17
- Buried under the indefinite-detention issue is more Zionist crap aimed at Iran, more sanctions, even though there's been zero proof! December 16, 2011 @ 01:25
- Where's the actual changed language re: indefinite detentions? Why don't the news reports contain it. I want to read the changes myself. December 16, 2011 @ 01:30
- Indefinite-detention change language? I'm looking: PDF of "2012 National Defense Authorization Act" "conference report" December 16, 2011 @ 01:46
- The "2012 National Defense Authorization Act" "conference report" is 1844 pages. "detention" occurs 25 times. December 16, 2011 @ 01:50
- "Subtitle D–Counterterrorism" "(sec. 1031)" "The House recedes." The Senate version was adopted in conference. What changed? Anybody? December 16, 2011 @ 02:01
- Vote: "House Vote on Conference Report: H.R. 1540: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012" http://t.co/noUay5bU..... December 16, 2011 @ 02:07
- @ctuckerprof Ron Paul will get a boost from Obama's backing off vetoing the "2012 National Defense Authorization Act." December 16, 2011 @ 02:24
- "Question for Romney: Are corporations invented people?" Is it Palestinian owned? @MaxBlumenthal @BrettBaier December 16, 2011 @ 02:26
- @FuriousFranklin "Newt Gingrich can only beat Obama in the "cheating on cancer-stricken wives" category" Newt McCain? At least Hillary... December 16, 2011 @ 02:32
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)