- Twitter Digest: December 29, 2011 http://t.co/rltq8Zjk..... December 29, 2011 @ 10:28
- Ron Paul, will you finally stand up tall against Monsanto? Tell the EPA to Ban Glyphosate! http://t.co/RzqmQv92..... December 29, 2011 @ 23:18
- #http://t.co/cvbHiUjV..... December 30, 2011 @ 00:31 NYPD Unconstitutional Press Passes: Inside Gothamist's Absurd Struggle To Get NYPD Press Passes
- Bloggers take note. We are free press: Gothamist's struggle for NYPD Press Passes reveals gross unconstitutionality http://t.co/Y9gXRxQt..... December 30, 2011 @ 00:59
- The closer Ron Paul gets to the White House, the closer Netanyahu's Likud will get to attacking Iran. December 30, 2011 @ 02:09
- Petition: Letter from US Representatives: Hold Clarence Thomas accountable http://t.co/XRkEGfWx..... December 30, 2011 @ 07:31
- Ron Paul imposing the inconsistent political correctness of Tentherism http://t.co/cr6yvIJJ..... December 30, 2011 @ 07:54
- What's Ron Paul's position: How Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories May Pose a Genuine Threat to Humanity http://t.co/LW9g9PHm..... December 30, 2011 @ 09:08
- Part 15: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/shrTvyes..... December 30, 2011 @ 11:19
- #http://t.co/SPnQS0vm..... December 30, 2011 @ 23:39 Brad DeLong: Lew Rockwell--the Man Who Ran Ron Paul's Racist Scamming Newsletters--Sends Me a Fund-Raising Emai...
- I posted that Ron Paul is a crypto-Zionist. You can drop the crypto part. http://t.co/aYakd487..... January 1, 2012 @ 22:04
- Part 16: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/kVr5R48x..... January 3, 2012 @ 05:09
- Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum calls for immediate cuts to Social Security. Three words Rick: United States Notes. January 7, 2012 @ 05:58
- USA: Prepare to spend more on groceries in 2012 http://t.co/FEVhT26o..... January 7, 2012 @ 07:25
- Stephen Elsberry: Time for a pragmatic approach on Iran - Connecticut Post http://t.co/ZxVgRitV..... via @ConnPost January 7, 2012 @ 11:22
- Soda that Contains Dangerous Flame Retardant (BVO) Banned in Europe and Japan January 7, 2012 @ 12:19
- Obama's Signing Statement (proper, enough?) and Subtitle D--Counterterrorism, NDAA 2012, Final Version, H.R.1540.ENR http://t.co/qY0IGbFF..... January 8, 2012 @ 04:37
- Updated: Obama's Signing Statement (proper, enough?) and Subtitle D--Counterterrorism, NDAA 2012... http://t.co/lpq5Hj0v..... January 9, 2012 @ 01:28
- RE: @TomUsher This post has been updated largely beginning at the words: "That's if one gets beyond all of the follow... http://t.co/Jnm5e8jc..... January 9, 2012 @ 01:45
- RE: Some senators and representatives were feeling heat even without Obama being on the correct side. The object woul... http://t.co/eJqlH28h..... January 9, 2012 @ 04:10
- Part 17: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/7fk7pHwR..... January 9, 2012 @ 13:01
- Part 18: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/Vv9pSth1..... January 10, 2012 @ 05:41
- Part 19: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/wtig4mhs..... January 10, 2012 @ 11:26
- Russian, French warships off Syria, Iran, US drones over Iranian coast http://t.co/zR6PujWP..... January 10, 2012 @ 12:50
- 9/11: A Conspiracy Theory (In under 5 mins.) http://t.co/3mhs5YKs..... January 10, 2012 @ 13:08
- Part 20: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/hzalv6Y0..... January 10, 2012 @ 23:47
- "Republican Candidates Hypocritically Attack Romney's Predatory Capitalism, by Robert B. Reich January 12, 2012 @ 01:14
- Hackers expose defence and intelligence officials in US and UK http://t.co/LZMHF5KY..... January 12, 2012 @ 01:44
- "Pot May Not Harm Lungs" Bull! January 12, 2012 @ 02:05
- Part 21: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/EglL5uEu..... January 12, 2012 @ 04:27
- "Iran says its program is for peaceful purposes, but the international community has rejected those claims" Not all nations disbelieve Iran. January 12, 2012 @ 05:30
- Intelligent people know that zero evidence of any Iranian nuclear-weapons program has been shown anywhere by anyone. January 12, 2012 @ 05:33
- If the Zionists attack Iran based upon Zionist lies, let the Zionist Project lose. January 12, 2012 @ 05:36
- "10 million more Americans have been driven into poverty since the 2007-2009 recession began." What would FDR do? Employ them, Now! January 12, 2012 @ 05:39
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)