- Twitter Digest: January 18, 2012 http://t.co/heu8K5NN..... January 18, 2012 @ 14:51
- (Reprint) NARTH: "Genetic Essentialism" and Sexual Orientation: Why Genetic Explanations are Often Misleading http://t.co/5E4jHOc2..... January 19, 2012 @ 21:12
- "Vampire Hedge Funds Are Sucking Greece Dry," by Les Leopold http://t.co/RyKdgleV..... January 20, 2012 @ 11:50
- "The ECB is Engaging in Massive QE," by Marshall Auerback: Part 29: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/vr0kHkru..... January 20, 2012 @ 14:00
- Civil Liberties Advocates Express Privacy Concerns Over NYPD's New Gun Detection Tool - http://t.co/HwXynIW9..... http://t.co/Kwa5Vg86..... January 20, 2012 @ 15:05
- Selective Outrage – Iran And Libya: http://t.co/pkbZwS9R..... via @AddThis January 20, 2012 @ 15:17
- "Julian Assange: The Rolling Stone Interview," by: Michael Hastings http://t.co/edP898Y2..... January 20, 2012 @ 16:12
- Of Americans, "39% Say U.S. Has Crony Capitalist System" but "44% Worry Government Will Do Too Much To Counter Bad Economy." Brilliant? No. January 20, 2012 @ 16:25
- Where's Obama? Hiding; silent. Stand up! "Tahrir One Year Later: The Fight for Egypt's Future," by Sharif Kouddous http://t.co/iGLW90TH..... January 20, 2012 @ 17:02
- Can you spell "snake oil"? What's it smell like? Monopoly & serfdom. "70% [of Americans] Prefer Free Market to Government-Managed Economy" January 20, 2012 @ 17:09
- AGW-deniers' days controlling debate soon completely over! "Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss" http://t.co/ba3EwMaa..... January 20, 2012 @ 18:08
- 70% of Americans believe big government & business work together against us. Well, bad gov. does. Good gov. doesn't. January 20, 2012 @ 18:19
- "Bank Credit/Debt Money and Check Clearing/Cashing": Part 30: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/1ofeQbzD..... January 20, 2012 @ 21:24
- "No Gold; Britain's Positive Money Movement; NEED Act; and more": Part 31: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/S9mYSgl1..... January 22, 2012 @ 20:08
- Rick Santorum is a Zionist warmonger: "US should have 'kept mouth shut' on Iran scientist killing" http://t.co/gCOoG758..... January 22, 2012 @ 20:45
- Britain's Zionist Occupied Government (ZOG) Bans Press TV http://t.co/8MSuHo3s..... January 22, 2012 @ 20:54
- "What Happened When My Wife and I Decided to Have Sex With Other People"? You became unfaithful: adulterers with a self-broken marriage. January 22, 2012 @ 20:59
- "No Gold; NEED Act; and more": Part 32: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/O81Oi5PM..... January 24, 2012 @ 13:27
- "NEED Act Needs Internal Marketing, Clarifying": Part 33: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/zLSF7rEx..... January 24, 2012 @ 14:42
- "Georgism (Henry George) Doesn't Go Far Enough": Part 34: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/ROn8fqnJ..... January 24, 2012 @ 14:43
- "NEED Act Revolving Fund 'Dead Money'": Part 35: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/COj4ra1B..... January 24, 2012 @ 15:06
- "Ellen Brown's Position on Public Banking and Fractional-Reserve Lending": Part 36: Monetary Reform: Series 1 http://t.co/H2PJ9biJ..... January 24, 2012 @ 15:06
- @DavidGBoo Thank you, David. I've been swamped and would also like to thank your wife. Pass it on, friend. Onward and upward! January 24, 2012 @ 15:31
- The economic idiocy of economists | Mark Weisbrot http://t.co/HBwKkVzG..... via @guardian January 24, 2012 @ 16:05
- Obama to Try Better Smoke and Mirrors to Address Housing Market Woes http://t.co/5cRCBp9Z..... January 24, 2012 @ 17:03
- Some merit: "Gingrich Is Right about Judicial Supremacy": The Independent Institute: http://t.co/w9n7FqJq..... January 24, 2012 @ 17:35
- "Venezuelan American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VenAmCham) is...apolitical...." [Ha!] http://t.co/tcvnTRLN..... January 24, 2012 @ 19:32
- "...lesson of the Holocaust, in which 6 million Jews were killed...." Per Raul Hilberg, it was 5.1 (exaggeration). http://t.co/fjv4A1LB..... January 24, 2012 @ 19:53
- George Soros is more correct than the Austrian School economists: "Merkel: Only a unified Europe can remain powerful" http://t.co/lzuxyBqm..... January 26, 2012 @ 03:11
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/VQeGcPLz..... Dioxins in the Food Supply January 28, 2012 @ 00:33
- We Have the Right to Know About Dioxins in our Food! AddThis January 28, 2012 @ 00:34 via @
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/Wjr2ZoXL..... David Rovics - The Commons January 28, 2012 @ 00:38
- Because there's DNA (Ha!): Monsanto: 'There is No Need for, or Value in Testing the Safety of GM Foods in Humans': http://t.co/NhlW8MCB..... January 28, 2012 @ 00:53
- A tree and its fruit: why do the American people allow the US government to build its entire foreign policy on a Zionist lie about Iran? January 28, 2012 @ 02:01
- "Taking Control of Our Money" - Public Banking Institute http://t.co/Wes5ZMkL..... January 29, 2012 @ 02:34
- US Director of National Intelligence James Clapper stands by neocon lie Iran plotted to assassinate Saudi ambassador in the US. February 1, 2012 @ 04:55
- CIA Director David Petraeus said Iran is pursuing "various components" needed for a nuclear weapon. Tell the truth! They're all dual-use. February 1, 2012 @ 04:59
- Peter Sinclair interviews Katharine Hayhoe, Evangelical Christian Climate Scientist http://t.co/5BPKOtbk..... February 1, 2012 @ 06:20
- America is incredibly undemocratic. "Restore Our Future": a kleptocrats' Super PAC for Romney. http://t.co/QX9sEvcM..... February 2, 2012 @ 07:45
- Barack Obama says he's his brother's keeper but lamented that the Pentagon wouldn't withstand the Sermon on the Mount. http://t.co/Ug0eugZ5..... February 3, 2012 @ 04:19
- We have forced the US to admit that Iran is not building nuclear weapons, but Zionists are still betting Americans are too stupid to care. February 3, 2012 @ 05:20
- Mitt Romney waged class warfare against workers under Bain Capital, sacrificed so Romney could "earn" hundreds of millions of dollars. February 3, 2012 @ 05:51
- US War Secretary Leon Panetta is floating the idea of Israel attacking Iran. How many people stand up against the stinking, lying Zionists? February 3, 2012 @ 06:07
- The problem with Karzai isn't Karzai. It's US neocons too stupid to know what to do. February 3, 2012 @ 06:13
- Voters haven't approved Sodomite "marriage" in any US state referendum, nor should they. It's anti-Christ. Penises do not belong in anuses! February 3, 2012 @ 06:30
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)