- Twitter Digest: March 8, 2012 http://t.co/oGqv8KPo..... March 9, 2012 @ 01:18
- Send an email to Obama: No Agent Orange Corn! AddThis March 9, 2012 @ 01:56 via @
- The Zionist Project (aka Israel) wants the US to supply them with the bombs and equipment to attack Iran. The answer should be "No." March 9, 2012 @ 05:46
- For many people, Separation of Church & State is a one-way street. They don't mind secular states telling churches what to do left & right. March 9, 2012 @ 05:57
- If Rush Limbaugh stops being overly sarcastic, millions who listen on their truck radios will change the channel: damned if he does & ... March 9, 2012 @ 06:38
- Tell FAA: Don't let aerial drones spy: Additional message for the FAA: "Important terms: Probable cause; stalking" March 9, 2012 @ 21:01
- NARTH Statement on Sexual Orientation Change http://t.co/hZjAqt4h..... March 9, 2012 @ 22:04
- Must read on Homosexuality / Gay - ness, etc.: Article | First Things: "Same-Sex Science" http://t.co/wcC5LYvz..... via @AddThis March 9, 2012 @ 23:04
- Evidence of War Lies Public Pre-War This Time http://t.co/mQob5LmM..... March 10, 2012 @ 02:36
- Mossad Doing Business with Saudi Arabia: Stratfor Source http://t.co/UOY184YN..... March 10, 2012 @ 02:47
- Wikileaks: Bin Laden's body moved on CIA plane to U.S. http://t.co/N7HuqcbF..... March 10, 2012 @ 02:48
- Wikileaks: US-led NATO Troops Operate Inside Syria http://t.co/8Hx42fNu..... March 10, 2012 @ 02:50
- What happens to the little kids who stand between Kony and the soldiers out to get him? March 10, 2012 @ 07:33
- China frees 24,000 abducted women, kids in 2011 - Yahoo! News YahooNews March 11, 2012 @ 06:45 via @
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/fna7ohl3..... Near Fukushima, a Big 'Guessing Game' Over Long-Term Risks March 11, 2012 @ 07:24
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/Xfs42lQF..... Australia's the Great Barrier reef could be endangered March 11, 2012 @ 08:19
- I liked a @YouTube video from @rt_com http://t.co/e37Wv6nd..... War Addicts: Iran next on US attack list? March 11, 2012 @ 08:26
- US military policy is to mask the evil of war with conscience-altering drugs. Does any bright human think militarism is intelligent? No. March 12, 2012 @ 18:06
- Look Putin, the Obama administration is working to overthrow Assad; however, Assad would rightly lose a legitimate election. March 12, 2012 @ 18:17
- Hillary Clinton condemned rockets from Gaza but, of course, didn't condemn Zionist air strikes killing and injuring dozens of Palestinian. March 12, 2012 @ 18:27
- George W. Bush's results: "Gunmen...blasted their way into a row of Baghdad goldsmiths shops on Monday, killing nine...wounding 15." March 12, 2012 @ 18:36
- In Baghdad, clerics who condemn homosexuality as an error hold sway. Will homosexuals now insanely claim all those clerics are homosexuals? March 12, 2012 @ 18:48
- US officials say drone strikes harm very few innocents. They mean main, murder, & terrorize. Even one innocent harmed is unacceptable. March 12, 2012 @ 18:55
- Deism is Intelligent Design / Creationism. Those of the Founding Fathers of the US who were Deists believed in Intelligent Design. March 12, 2012 @ 19:01
- A Socialist perspective on the Syrian situation: "Syria: Against the Syrian National Council" http://t.co/XuKGVviS..... March 12, 2012 @ 19:57
- Be careful of the basis upon which you condemn Roman Catholicism: http://t.co/zFvZSMcH..... March 12, 2012 @ 21:54
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/ihkGvQme..... Davis Farm, featured in Connecticut Farmer & Feast.wmv March 14, 2012 @ 04:12
- http://t.co/j6R2coXz..... I favorited that video over on YouTube. It will get tweeted and posted to our blog. Thank you! March 14, 2012 @ 04:15
- We need GMO labeling. CA is the frontline right now. http://t.co/o7by6LvD..... March 14, 2012 @ 05:14
- Why Is President Obama Keeping a Journalist In Prison in Yemen? | The Nation http://t.co/F3VUEVpd..... March 14, 2012 @ 05:54
- Why Is President Obama Keeping a Journalist in Prison in Yemen? | The Nation http://t.co/bQxvlzkw..... March 14, 2012 @ 06:01
- "The Precarious Jobs Recovery," by Robert Reich http://t.co/vwqZzFRZ..... March 14, 2012 @ 06:11
- Death to greed! More wrong-headed postponement of the day of reckoning: Fed plan: "Sterilized Quantitative Easing" http://t.co/X6E2zA6c..... March 14, 2012 @ 06:26
- Take action! Support the US delegation at WCPFC. It's a #https://t.co/dm1G8pNR March 14, 2012 @ 07:00 for # #conservation
- Dennis Kucinich "could still get on the ballot in Washington state...if he gains an address and pays the filing fee by May 18." March 14, 2012 @ 07:39
- War is evil: Multiple combat tours linked to mental strain, disease http://t.co/6pMoVPv2..... March 14, 2012 @ 07:46
- "Nearly two-thirds of Americans support...minimum tax rate of 30 percent on those who earn $1 million or more a year...Reuters/Ipsos poll" March 14, 2012 @ 07:53
- I favorited a @YouTube video from @RevolutionNewz http://t.co/DxzmX5NT..... 'End of Free Speech' Signed by Obama March 15, 2012 @ 03:49
- "Israel Lobby Pushes for US Action Against the Syrian Government (to weaken Iran)" http://t.co/c8WeOrQO..... March 15, 2012 @ 04:50
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)