- Twitter Digest: April 18, 2012 http://t.co/gdXtkDhZ..... April 18, 2012 @ 09:52
- RE: The nesting of replies is limited. Overly nested replies become too narrow and long to read. So you don'... http://t.co/eI4GsjzQ..... April 19, 2012 @ 07:48
- RE: "...do not try to force them upon others...." Practice what you preach, Ryon. I do. The article mentioned Ron Pa... http://t.co/LwOIdb3p..... April 19, 2012 @ 08:12
- Trust but Verify: 5+1 may mull lifting sanctions if Iran makes 'substantial' offer: FT - Tehran Times http://t.co/fmKtC0c2..... April 19, 2012 @ 18:24
- RE: Try a site-search on "Obama" (http://t.co/LjUEmkh1) to see what you come up with. C... http://t.co/0w14PC95..... April 20, 2012 @ 17:43
- RE: "You bash RP for not speaking up against Monsanto in the first paragraph and then admit that Congress would block... http://t.co/wF80bamu..... April 20, 2012 @ 20:07
- RE: Here's the truth. You come here in defense of Ron Paul, saying he's great for being against crony capitalism; but... http://t.co/zI0Wvm9s..... April 21, 2012 @ 02:32
- Is Vermonts Governor Surrendering to Monsanto? http://t.co/ai51kDfx..... April 21, 2012 @ 03:39
- RE: @TomUsher Is Vermonts Governor Surrendering to Monsanto? http://t.co/wKOD3eLr........ http://t.co/V1qglnAs..... April 21, 2012 @ 03:42
- FDA: Stop antibiotics for animals - Chicago Sun-Times: http://t.co/sxN8ERYH..... April 21, 2012 @ 10:23
- Women lag in life-expectancy gains – http://t.co/LE6nXM0p..... http://t.co/uCRwH78L..... via @USATODAY April 21, 2012 @ 10:27
- "Some molecules developed the ability to replicate their own information,..." How? April 21, 2012 @ 10:34
- FDA proposes rules for nanotechnology in food http://t.co/6qwXSVHo..... April 21, 2012 @ 10:55
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/kbepbHaI..... DHS Hacks Xbox, Sibel Ungagged, Knockout Gas - New World Ne April 22, 2012 @ 12:18
- Potholer54 / Greenman3610 - The Search for Lord Monckton [AGW-Denier debunked] http://t.co/NdGjtqbN..... April 22, 2012 @ 13:38
- Another Solid Video from Peter Sinclair: "Global Warming: What We Knew in 82" http://t.co/UhAZgyqH..... April 22, 2012 @ 13:54
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/GfLy3Apk..... Weird Winter - Mad March - Part 1 April 22, 2012 @ 14:04
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/hCrGwHMQ..... Weird Winter - Mad March - Part 2 April 22, 2012 @ 14:15
- Must Watch: The Other Side of the Talmud Debate: Michael Hoffman Refutes a Defense of the Talmud http://t.co/CbMbZsSf..... April 22, 2012 @ 14:53
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/RtcF2REe..... Marriage Anti-Defamation Alliance: Tom Emmer April 22, 2012 @ 15:02
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/8XZMhVmG..... Open letter to Christopher Monckton -- Please return to the April 22, 2012 @ 15:20
- Moscow's Muslims & Nationalism growth in Russia causes alarm: http://t.co/ahzRr8Ap..... April 22, 2012 @ 15:36
- CA Senate Bill 1172: Stand Up Against Lying, Fascistic Homosexuals! http://t.co/n8DsvBBJ..... April 23, 2012 @ 21:13
- Anthropogenic Global Warming IS going this! http://t.co/j5uvRSIr.....
- It's about time! Poll: Most Americans Now Link Extreme Weather To Climate Change - Forbes http://t.co/1rVeeUy1..... via @sharethis April 23, 2012 @ 22:21
- Investigation: Two Years After the BP Spill, A Hidden Health Crisis Festers | The Nation http://t.co/M18nJPju..... April 24, 2012 @ 06:49
- I liked a @YouTube video from @rt_com http://t.co/m6yKnzpp..... Exclusive: Assange on 'The World Tomorrow' premiere ( April 24, 2012 @ 08:23
- I liked a @YouTube video from @rt_com http://t.co/0YtjujtF..... Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Hassan Nasrallah April 24, 2012 @ 08:24
- Iran Bashing, Terrorism and Who Chose The Chosen People, Anyway? - YouTube http://t.co/uMJi9eMA..... April 24, 2012 @ 09:00
- RE: @http://t.co/rHrTF8Q5..... April 25, 2012 @ 02:21 You wrote:Â He [Ron Paul] Says, "personal responsibility means you don't get to kill/s...
- Anthropogenic Global Warming IS doing this! http://t.co/jRqf0IXR..... April 25, 2012 @ 03:20
- Don't let Congress force approval of Keystone XL http://t.co/dGOTqWrt..... April 25, 2012 @ 07:28
- 'People Will Die' - The End Of The NHS. Part 1: The Corporate Assault http://t.co/5JEPWNlc..... April 25, 2012 @ 07:28
- Wal-Mart scandal intensifies focus on foreign bribery - http://t.co/6s0okNsG..... http://t.co/NQRAAEsS..... April 25, 2012 @ 08:13
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/jR6RySa2..... Apple - Introducing iCoal April 25, 2012 @ 09:19
- Join @amnesty's call to @Shell Oil: Own up, pay up, clean up the Niger Delta! # http://t.co/Z9KnQaVK..... April 25, 2012 @ 09:27
- @DavidGBoo So, what did you think? Also, what's your take on Jean-Luc MÃ©lenchon and Front de Gauche? April 25, 2012 @ 09:41
- BBC News - US voices concern at Israel outpost authorisation http://t.co/Jf15QR6F..... April 25, 2012 @ 10:28
- We have sanctions against Iran for a non-existent nuclear-weapons program but no sanctions against Israel for real, illegal land grabbing. April 25, 2012 @ 10:36
- RE: Obama had both, but now the question is whether he has Machiavelli's virtue in full by possessing the ability to ... http://t.co/PihbIdlU..... April 26, 2012 @ 00:32
- Today, Connecticut abolished the death penalty. Every state that has it must also. Remember the innocent who've been freed by DNA testing. April 26, 2012 @ 02:15
- 'People Will Die' - The End Of The NHS. Part 2: Buried By The BBC http://t.co/J0OL3W4y..... April 26, 2012 @ 02:45
- Hollande Says He'll Seek New Fiscal Treaty if Elected in France http://t.co/u7mRFmIC..... April 26, 2012 @ 09:44
- Israel Retroactively Legalizes 3 West Bank Settlements http://t.co/pZRDn0n5..... April 26, 2012 @ 10:11
- "The fish, you see, stinks from the head." Shame On Lloyd Blankfein and Rupert Murdoch - Forbes April 26, 2012 @ 10:15
- Fascistic CA Senator, Ted Lieu, claims crackdown on "deceptive sexual-orientation conversion 'therapi... http://t.co/1Iq5slKk..... April 27, 2012 @ 02:19
- Monsanto's Foxes, Pink Slime, and Mad Cow http://t.co/1HuupUg8..... April 27, 2012 @ 03:52
- Paul Ryan's Claim That His Budget Reflects Catholic Teaching Is 'Nonsense' | The Nation http://t.co/V38wqelJ..... April 27, 2012 @ 04:51
- RE: @TomUsher Given a choice between only the two, I vastly prefer this progressive approach to the libertarian-capit... http://t.co/qg2S7RSE..... April 27, 2012 @ 04:55
- RE: @TomUsher Will Netanyahu vow to blow his own head off if he's proven wrong about Iran's so-called nuclear-weapons... http://t.co/kDuKvhEo..... April 27, 2012 @ 08:18
- Barak restates Israeli hard line on nuclear Iran. Netanyahu lies through his teeth (again). http://t.co/0KKFpM8r..... April 27, 2012 @ 08:19
- EuroMemo Group - European Economists for an Alternative Economic Policy in Europe: http://t.co/jt0Hrt9R..... April 27, 2012 @ 08:49
- To the left: a likely new direction for France and Germany | John Palmer http://t.co/FIhBc6FN..... via @guardian April 27, 2012 @ 08:49
- I support China's claim to the South China Sea about as much as a US claim to the whole of the Gulf of Mexico: Zero! http://t.co/AoZrZGWI..... April 27, 2012 @ 09:57
- "Chinese media will never be the same again. There is a new synergy between Chinese bloggers at home and the ..." http://t.co/fFF5HHKe..... April 27, 2012 @ 10:10
- Rodriguez is a sadistic war criminal. Former CIA official slams White House for halting waterboarding, other techniques http://t.co/G9rMP41q..... April 27, 2012 @ 10:30
- Americas 10 most polluted cities, 2012 - Yahoo! Real Estate http://t.co/GED3YREY..... April 28, 2012 @ 05:01
- Elie Wiesel, lying weasal! Obama's not any better. http://t.co/VXpvpIWc..... April 28, 2012 @ 06:57
- Our Neo-Conservative President: A Barack Obama Retrospective | Mediaite http://t.co/OPtulW40..... April 28, 2012 @ 08:50
- @60Minutes attacked for daring to report Israeli occupation. Defend brave journalism! http://t.co/0jxfjvLn..... via @jvplive April 29, 2012 @ 02:25
- "Thank you 60 Minutes": Palestinian Christians Respond to Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren http://t.co/1uVXOYzj..... April 29, 2012 @ 04:53
- Spanish bishop publishes ex-gay testimonies on diocesan website after attacks from homosexual groups ... http://t.co/HdwZ3AdT..... April 29, 2012 @ 09:01
- Doctors' group defends Spanish bishop's warning against homosexual activity http://t.co/WsPp33sT..... via @sharethis April 29, 2012 @ 09:14
- Revealing the lies of the Homosexualists: IIRTH Ethical Complaint Against San Francisco Psychotherapi... http://t.co/efImDDXe..... April 29, 2012 @ 10:03
- Homosexualists, what are they and what do they have to do with the San Francisco Chapter of the Calif... http://t.co/JD7jvSvq..... April 30, 2012 @ 05:17
- RE: @TomUsher Was Jesus too self-righteous for you? If not, explain why he was not but, in your humble opinion, Â I am... http://t.co/q7IzoSBW..... April 30, 2012 @ 05:36
- Human Rights Petition: EPA: Don't Sacrifice Navajo Water for Uranium Mining | http://t.co/MeDDHMiW..... http://t.co/PTzU2Jyv..... April 30, 2012 @ 08:36
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/NJXHcJ6t..... Bullying a company to print "gay pride" shirts April 30, 2012 @ 09:41
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/dHZ83iyn..... Rabbi Levin: Cardinal Dolan/ USCCB Confront Homosexualist Romne April 30, 2012 @ 09:48
- @klout Yesterday, it said 40. Today, I'm at 20? Since it's exponential, I lost well over half my influence over night? It's a bug, or...? May 1, 2012 @ 06:18
- Two-horse race in final stretch for Egypt presidency http://t.co/dmEef9Vs..... via @reuters May 1, 2012 @ 07:06
- The courageous aid workers who fear no evil via @Telegraph http://t.co/FaTN0Snj..... May 1, 2012 @ 07:13
- New DNA testing frees convicted Colorado rapist, killer http://t.co/brAg8Fir..... via @msnbc_us May 1, 2012 @ 07:24
- What's homosexualist Dan Savage's problem? Truth http://t.co/ZSmogTED..... May 1, 2012 @ 09:59
- SolarCity teams with Tesla Motors to develop new residential energy system http://t.co/oCRRAUeO..... May 1, 2012 @ 10:49
- Theoretical physicist explains why Moore's Law will collapse http://t.co/zocWt2lB..... via @geekdotcom May 2, 2012 @ 07:18
- RE: @TomUsher First of all, you're welcome that I posted the link and info. I don't avoid doing so. I'm simply under ... http://t.co/Z0XENTMK..... May 2, 2012 @ 08:58
- RE: I hit the like on your comment, John, because of the sentiment. However, you and I both know that it has been pro... http://t.co/fx8Hj9Mw..... May 2, 2012 @ 09:10
- RE: @TomUsher Thanks John. Those links were helpful to the cause of truth. http://t.co/t79HrbTa..... May 2, 2012 @ 09:52
- RE: @TomUsher Well, they don't say that Iran has a nuclear-weapons program anymore but that Iran only hasn't proven i... http://t.co/Ly6ZQXm1..... May 2, 2012 @ 11:19
- A must read: The SPLC [Southern Poverty Law Center] Fails the Intelligence Test - Michael Brown - Tow... http://t.co/7U6k8fNB..... May 2, 2012 @ 12:04
- RE: @CafeNexo This is something you should read to get a sense of the gross distortions by the pro-homosexual mainstr... http://t.co/L60SfnvS..... May 2, 2012 @ 12:15
- What? Time To Stop Worrying and Learn To Love Industrial Agriculture? http://t.co/cpYwLD5c..... via @motherjones May 2, 2012 @ 12:31
- Big Brother, Israeli Censor, to Monitor Journalists Social Media Accounts http://t.co/xPLGP7tE..... via @richards1052 May 3, 2012 @ 08:03
- RE: @TomUsher "I take issue with your saying that I have lived "a sheltered life" – I don't know who you think wasÂ "I... http://t.co/FZywXdRG..... May 3, 2012 @ 09:44
- RE: @TomUsher Bill Seeks to Limit Counseling Against Gay Attraction; Are Parents Next Target?. http://t.co/jibJejL6..... May 3, 2012 @ 10:45
- Done: First step in putting the California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act on the ballo... http://t.co/DniZfTQv..... May 3, 2012 @ 10:55
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)