- Twitter Digest: May 3, 2012 http://t.co/Qt0KUSiS..... May 3, 2012 @ 13:56
- RE: @CafeNexo I wrote this before seeing your comment under "Pending" in DISQUS:Steven, you believe in Jesus and the ... http://t.co/p7ODyqMg..... May 3, 2012 @ 22:26
- RE: @CafeNexo "I don't like to complain, but you messed up my formatting." Which? I didn't touch your formatting. I w... http://t.co/SzOdIw3A..... May 3, 2012 @ 22:32
- RE: @CafeNexo I see nothing in my comment where I "messed up" your formatting. What specifically is the problem? http://t.co/3ASqMLbN..... May 3, 2012 @ 22:38
- RE: @CafeNexo Steven properly pointed out that I should have said Ham, not Canaan. I was thinking about the curse. Pe... http://t.co/xSspgfnM..... May 3, 2012 @ 23:00
- RE: @CafeNexo "That
sounds like a preconception to me. The fact that you came to Jesus later
doesn't change your prec... http://t.co/GXvFNLEI..... May 3, 2012 @ 23:11
- RE: @CafeNexo ""You don't appear to be willing to say that the main homosexual attraction is male-on-male anal interc... http://t.co/SbG7GWlR..... May 3, 2012 @ 23:54
- RE: @CafeNexo "I do hope that, for the sake of your soul, you will learn how to relate to Godless sinners in a way th... http://t.co/KZs5go1D..... May 4, 2012 @ 03:31
- RE: @CafeNexo You will see "(Edited by a moderator)" now at the end of several of your comments. The text is unchange... http://t.co/TgeiBlTL..... May 4, 2012 @ 03:55
- GMO "food" outrage! http://t.co/3DZylgzZ..... May 4, 2012 @ 04:13
- @CafeNexo I'm not sure why you keep on saying "You," as if I altered the formatting. Again, I hadn't touched it. Peace! May 4, 2012 @ 06:09
- @CafeNexo It is definitely how Disqus handled your input. May 4, 2012 @ 06:10
- @CafeNexo It is now fixed by my hand. May 4, 2012 @ 06:11
- RE: @JAaronLadd Good point! http://t.co/wLhiBIZi..... May 5, 2012 @ 04:36
- RE: From the article:
- My comment on a comment on "Ban urged on therapy to convert gays - Washington Times" http://t.co/P0D8thVy..... May 5, 2012 @ 05:23
- Moronic Heartland campaign: "If You Believe in Global Warming, You're Like the Unabomber | Mother Jones" http://t.co/8nqE75hQ..... May 5, 2012 @ 10:31
- It's time for Dan Savage to go, President Obama http://t.co/KbFebIyL..... May 5, 2012 @ 11:03
- Sometimes the "conservatives" are right, like now: "Dan Savage Has Long History of Rhetoric & White H... http://t.co/6sN4de97..... May 5, 2012 @ 11:30
- "Commercial claims should not supersede the release of chemical information or scientific evidence about public health risks." May 5, 2012 @ 11:48
- BP oil spill: The 'horribly mutated' creatures living in the Gulf - The Week http://t.co/kdV5N4z7..... May 5, 2012 @ 12:08
- Iraq's Radiation: Not Going Away : The Muslim Observer http://t.co/LeLFOrlu..... May 5, 2012 @ 12:23
- RE: You're a pretty snarky fellow, you know that? Show us all a peer reviewed study backing up why you "take the prim... http://t.co/G5Zj1Upo..... May 6, 2012 @ 06:58
- RE: @jeffbullas The worst aspect about the timelines in my view is one you didn't mention. It's surprising to me beca... http://t.co/OT7Xib4L..... May 6, 2012 @ 07:40
- Palestinian Resistance Shifts to Hunger Strikes - http://t.co/p5oh7Sna..... http://t.co/8bnIM7Ls..... May 6, 2012 @ 09:56
- Congressman [Joe Walsh] Endorses Apartheid, Ethnic Cleansing for Palestinians - Robert Wright - Inter... http://t.co/hJPuKGaz..... May 6, 2012 @ 11:00
- LGBT rights in Israel: 'Pinkwashing' oppression of Palestinians or illuminating the Middle East? - Ha... http://t.co/ihdDuDRP..... May 6, 2012 @ 11:17
- Illegal Settlements Bonanza: Israel Plots an Endgame http://t.co/a5PyDXN2..... May 6, 2012 @ 11:23
- U.S. Proposes Delayed Disclosure of Fracking Chemicals http://t.co/pAAbYr7s..... May 6, 2012 @ 12:26
- You know, you stated some valid points, but how about balancing it out even just a bit? Are you saying that all the g... http://t.co/GLPdhZP5..... May 6, 2012 @ 12:36
- Report: FBI Wants to Wiretap Facebook, Twitter, Google http://t.co/AI1f2G2s..... via @pcmag May 6, 2012 @ 13:19
- Anthropogenic Global Warming: Climate Science in a Nutshell #http://t.co/qyhT3qcr..... May 6, 2012 @ 14:13 Too Much Carbon Dioxide - YouTube
- RE: I know what you mean by "direct counter-attack," but there are those on the other side of this issue who will del... http://t.co/vGqpOanC..... May 7, 2012 @ 02:00
- When Dissent is Stifled: The Same-Sex Marriage and Right-to-Treatment Debates http://t.co/DG8h2FxD..... May 7, 2012 @ 03:49
- Will FranÃ§ois Hollande will strike fear into the hearts of the greedy? http://t.co/mTs9LrAE.....
- Will FranÃ§ois Hollande strike fear into the hearts of the greedy? http://t.co/mTs9LrAE..... May 7, 2012 @ 13:20
- Heartland will fold: "The Short Hot Life of Heartland's Hateful Climate Billboard - http://t.co/tXIyBBKq..... May 7, 2012 @ 13:57
- Where is it? The fascist Zionists won't allow it. "Habeas Corpus for Palestinians? - The Daily Beast" http://t.co/0bVENpbQ..... May 7, 2012 @ 14:59
- NARTH's President, Rosik, analyzes CA SB 1172: Unfounded attack on sexual-orientation-change efforts ... http://t.co/aOyc8Hy5..... May 8, 2012 @ 05:22
- Rachel Maddow and conservatism, the new liberalism - Opinion - Al Jazeera English http://t.co/vIX3reDY..... May 8, 2012 @ 09:57
- Greek voters reject austerity, turn to radical parties of left and right | The Raw Story http://t.co/SkLV2XT7..... May 8, 2012 @ 10:14
- The more Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) speaks about Ayn Rand's philosophy vis-a-vis Christianity, the more confused he sounds. May 8, 2012 @ 10:17
- Pastor Andy Stanley doesn't express what Jesus meant by loving one another. Jesu May 8, 2012 @ 10:37
- As Supporters Jump Ship, Heartland Institute Stands By Its Widely Condemned Anti-Science Hate Speech http://t.co/n5m98DrT..... via @thinkprogress May 8, 2012 @ 11:00
- Can Geoengineering Solve Global Warming? : The New Yorker http://t.co/pNJrxkto..... May 8, 2012 @ 11:56
- I liked a @YouTube video from @RepPress http://t.co/vL0Eoj8K..... Why Your Subscriptions Get Hidden From You & You On May 8, 2012 @ 13:17
- dcxVwEfq4bM That's Peter Sinclair's (aka greenman3610) "hateful" video, "Watts (@YouTube http://t.co/TuW8YVWb.....) May 8, 2012 @ 14:20
- Wind Energy at the Crossroad - YouTube http://t.co/nCeIjdxg..... May 8, 2012 @ 14:24
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)