- Twitter Digest: May 9, 2012 http://t.co/qdVlELPa..... May 9, 2012 @ 09:26
- Monsanto's Minions in California causes May 9, 2012 @ 10:00 # via @
- Good: Iran Plans to Build Geothermal Power Plant, Press TV Reports http://t.co/Jnwxmg9x..... via @BloombergNews May 9, 2012 @ 11:12
- The Associated Press: Double agent hands al-Qaida its 3rd failed bombing http://t.co/7wbsm5d2..... May 9, 2012 @ 12:17
- California may ban gay teen 'conversion' therapy - KGWN –Cheyenne, WY– Scottsbluff, NE News,Weather, ... http://t.co/m0I0aUHL..... May 9, 2012 @ 12:21
- Good News!: Beekeepers Win Ban on Monsanto's GMOs in Poland causes May 10, 2012 @ 07:30 # via @
- How nuclear can Israel be? Extremely http://t.co/mH2pZieW..... May 10, 2012 @ 07:43
- Intel wants to plug a smartphone into your brain http://t.co/XcbZZW2S..... via @CNNMoney May 10, 2012 @ 08:46
- 12-year-old Canadian, Victoria Grant, on Public Banking / Monetary Reform - YouTube http://t.co/aEIBejwu..... May 10, 2012 @ 09:11
- A "Libertarian" Imperative / Solution for Bullying? Violence http://t.co/jEzOwwJC..... May 10, 2012 @ 09:32
- 45 days to stop Keystone XL. These hyper carbon-burners are killing the planet. May 10, 2012 @ 10:33
- Heaven help us. This is worth reading: "Mitt Romney's Neocon War Cabinet" | The Nation http://t.co/c6V6s6Jd..... May 10, 2012 @ 10:53
- I liked a @YouTube video from @rt_com http://t.co/ELzetZbX..... Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Moncef Marzouki May 10, 2012 @ 11:55
- I liked a @YouTube video from @rt_com http://t.co/3AWNwjIB..... Julian Assange's The World Tomorrow: Nabeel Rajab & A May 10, 2012 @ 12:37
- EconoMonitor Â» Economists, Liquidity Mongers and the Banker Assault on Financial Reform http://t.co/ckZd4l4P..... May 11, 2012 @ 03:16
- Senate Ag Committee Votes to Harm Environment, Starve Hungry, and Help Rich Farms http://t.co/Qm82bKLr..... May 11, 2012 @ 03:51
- Benjamin Netanyahu, if you have any heart at all, immediately end "Administrative Detention" of Palestinians. "Do unto others...." @jvplive May 11, 2012 @ 04:01
- James Lovelock doesn't know what he's talking about. It has definitely gotten warmer over the last decade. Anyone who... http://t.co/LwaoWQDI..... May 11, 2012 @ 04:36
- Tell @whitehouse to release all info about the Gulf disaster, make BP pay what it owes and stop offshore drilling. https://t.co/USkPKz6E May 11, 2012 @ 05:04
- Barack Obama supports same-sex marriage. Does he, therefore, support buggery? http://t.co/pIbUnzRH..... May 11, 2012 @ 05:32
- RE: Your comment is drivel. Self-projection, in a pig's eye. You think being diametrically opposed is being the same.... http://t.co/h3BkwPD5..... May 12, 2012 @ 02:50
- US Lawmakers to Probe [alleged] Underwear Bomb Leaks - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News http://t.co/6nS3uqiI..... May 12, 2012 @ 05:08
- Hey, George Clooney, wake up! "Above the Law: U.S. Crimes during The War on Terror | World Policy Ins... http://t.co/TK80Rne6..... May 12, 2012 @ 05:29
- RE: The banks, however, were not adhering to the lending standards. Surely you don't think the government set liar's-... http://t.co/PNbCR4Oo..... May 12, 2012 @ 07:36
- Kids raped, sodomized on Facebook pages http://t.co/NYEG7yDQ..... May 13, 2012 @ 04:13
- Can Facebook's child-porn explosion be stopped? http://t.co/1fAyzYRc..... May 13, 2012 @ 04:43
- RE: @CafeNexo "...if you are going to use Bible passages, at least try to find ones that say what they say." Here is ... http://t.co/ydfBTBHt..... May 13, 2012 @ 05:02
- Ham sodomized his father, Noah? The most likely correct interpretation of Genesis 9:20-25 KJV? http://t.co/OK2u3AMV..... May 13, 2012 @ 05:04
- YouTube banned: "Harvey Milk Commemoration Day" is a morally bankrupt idea. http://t.co/qCjIUp33..... http://t.co/s4my5Q7e..... May 13, 2012 @ 05:41
- Homosexuals "Not born this way" - http://t.co/Ni9liaDp..... http://t.co/xj795sYM..... May 13, 2012 @ 06:49
- RE: @"MagicTurtle"
- RE: What are you talking about? Did you even read it? Regardless, just look at the longterm trend line. It's as plain... http://t.co/9K4nC8Qd..... May 13, 2012 @ 09:43
- I blogging this and the second video together. (@YouTube http://t.co/MxxuxoL3.....) May 13, 2012 @ 14:38
- Keeping Anderson Cooper, CNN, honest about homosexuality and NARTH / SOCE - YouTube http://t.co/uC1anbNS..... May 13, 2012 @ 15:09
- RE: I haven't spliced anything. Ha! The trend line speaks for itself. There's zero circularity in terms of logic in t... http://t.co/sEQKPbnE..... May 13, 2012 @ 15:29
- RE: Total hogwash! It isn't happening and it isn't going to unless human activity dramatically changes or some other ... http://t.co/oZuFlWXN..... May 13, 2012 @ 15:35
- RE: The vast majority of the comments came from changing my blog commenting over to DISQUS. There was no "recommend" ... http://t.co/umyaRrks..... May 13, 2012 @ 15:46
- RE: Not only are you ignorant about global warming and DISQUS's commenting system, you're also moronic when it comes ... http://t.co/7ZTKMCmP..... May 13, 2012 @ 15:53
- RE: You are the type who gives the deniers such a terrible reputation.
- An environmentalists is not necessarily a member of the "Environmental Movement," as you seem to have defined it.
- Israel to the whole of Europe: "Go to Hell! We do whatever we want to the Palestinian dogs." http://t.co/QVPPuOB7..... May 14, 2012 @ 08:06
- Palestinian hunger strikers expose inhuman Israeli-Zionist system http://t.co/FLj9nbZ8..... May 14, 2012 @ 08:22
- The Palestine Nakba http://t.co/N9yV5gIk..... May 14, 2012 @ 08:41
- Austerity is a loser: Angela Merkel's Party Loses State Election in Germany - http://t.co/p5oh7Sna..... http://t.co/uSkFJ5ZI..... May 14, 2012 @ 08:56
- I'm laughing as I read Charles Krauthammer's joke of an article about Benjamin Netanyahu & Shaul Mofaz. Mofaz doesn't agree with Netanyahu! May 14, 2012 @ 09:03
- I don't have to be pro-Assad to be anti-imperialistic. If you don't like that, tough; and God bless you. May 14, 2012 @ 10:06
- Will the next President of Mexico declare total war on the pusher man? All these beheadings & body dumpings on the streets must end. Peace! May 14, 2012 @ 10:08
- So, the House of Saud is making it's first move in its long term goal to take over the whole of Greater Arabia. Is that what all Arabs want? May 14, 2012 @ 10:11
- Catholics Protest Hollande Social Plans http://t.co/a0h8VfHj..... via @WSJ May 14, 2012 @ 11:18
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)