- Twitter Digest: May 14, 2012 http://t.co/YscpBrVj..... May 14, 2012 @ 05:40
- Moving Right - France: http://t.co/GHQkoJRj..... via @youtube May 14, 2012 @ 06:02
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/UOLrDVDv..... Corporate Media and the Austerity Campaign May 14, 2012 @ 06:21
- RE: Gate to what, the truth?
- Political crisis in Italy and Greece: Karl Marx on 'technical governments' | Links International Jour... http://t.co/XbAMXuqT..... May 15, 2012 @ 08:37
- Best overview I've seen: "Greece: Austerity parties smashed, radical left makes big gains" http://t.co/JzEv6sDG..... May 15, 2012 @ 08:50
- If Europe falls apart, it will be due to Germany's Austrian School mentality. They could though issue targeted debt-free money. Hello!!! May 15, 2012 @ 09:03
- Addameer: Palestinian Prisoners' Mass Hunger Strike Concludes After Agreement is Reached | Palestinia... http://t.co/GHE9Y9dy..... May 15, 2012 @ 10:32
- A Movement has co-opters. The Movement changes its name to leave the co-opters. Throw co-opters out, & keep the name for continuity's sake. May 15, 2012 @ 23:30
- DR Congo: Bosco Ntaganda Recruits Children by Force http://t.co/7tasFSot..... May 16, 2012 @ 00:04
- God, who is the lessor of evils, Obama or Romney? "Why Can't Obama Bring Wall Street to Justice?" http://t.co/L2WaxeIT.....
- RE: You're under the false impression that calling the blog a failure does something to me. Even if you were right th... http://t.co/iGP2Z83c..... May 16, 2012 @ 06:58
- RE: Look Turtle,
- Egyptians Watch First Ever Presidential Debate - YouTube http://t.co/nuv42UHn..... May 16, 2012 @ 08:15
- To all of the "Climategate" pushers of false propaganda for the oil, coal, and gas industries:
Ha, what a joke:BlueScreenOfDeath 1012 10636Telegraph Blogs 807 CommentsTelegraph 203 CommentsPA - The Trentonia... http://t.co/deIvNdlu..... May 16, 2012 @ 21:41
- RE: Define "liberal Christian."
- Down with California SB 1172: Pro-homosexuality, utterly fascistic bill to ban patient informed-choice http://t.co/k9G8nZ9I..... May 16, 2012 @ 23:34
- God, who is the lesser of evils, Obama or Romney? "Why Can't Obama Bring Wall Street to Justice?" http://t.co/OPXUToEC..... May 16, 2012 @ 23:37
- Look, you forgive the Greek government's debts and let them remain in the EU because they were duped, used, & abused by Goldman Sachs. May 17, 2012 @ 00:39
- NDAA's 'Indefinite Detention' Provisions Unconstitutional, says Judge | Common Dreams http://t.co/zsU3nv3w..... May 17, 2012 @ 10:08
- RE: @Cwinstien I wouldn't go so far as to say the current judicial system in the US is of Jewish origin. Courts and j... http://t.co/L4hWyp09..... May 17, 2012 @ 20:01
- RE: Look Turtle, you're writing mini-books in reply, which I have not had the time to read through. I just happened t... http://t.co/Cp5jwZeq..... May 17, 2012 @ 20:30
- Journalist, Plaintiff Chris Hedges Hails "Monumental" Ruling Blocking NDAA Indefinite Detention http://t.co/2p4Dambs..... May 18, 2012 @ 05:27
- "Goodbye Euro, Welcome Back Drachma" and debt-free money? http://t.co/kwqO9YB5..... May 18, 2012 @ 09:02
- Where did SYRIZA come from? | http://t.co/H910lJmR..... http://t.co/r9oAG5IC..... May 18, 2012 @ 09:14
- You can't win by declaring a permanent war on al Qaeda killing the Bill of Rights in the process in order to save it. May 18, 2012 @ 10:10
- What the Bible Really Still Says About Homosexuality – Kevin DeYoung http://t.co/eUJngDeg..... May 18, 2012 @ 12:08
- RE: So, for thousands of years, millions of years, trees tracked with CO2 right along with all the other data, but tr... http://t.co/B53ZbgWd..... May 18, 2012 @ 21:30
- RE: "I have not minced my position regarding AGW." You have minced your position regarding AGW by virtue of your bein... http://t.co/843RT7Or..... May 18, 2012 @ 22:25
- Police document: "The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman...." Correct! May 19, 2012 @ 11:40
- US election: Candidates walk loudly, forget the stick | Alaska Dispatch: http://t.co/C4HQWOPb..... May 19, 2012 @ 12:34
- RE: It depends on the industries. Furthermore, clean, sustainable energy will replace oil, gas, and coal and be more ... http://t.co/ISPJfzcb..... May 20, 2012 @ 04:45
- RE: @ "MagicTurtle,"
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)