This page, on ThinkProgress LGBT, "Hate Groups Still Preach That Students Can Be 'Indoctrinated Into Homosexual Behavior'," in this thread, has seen my comment reply removed twice. Perhaps a word sent it to moderation and it will yet show up. I'm posting it here regardless:
Identical twins are never identical. We all should know that. However, the fingerprint analogy is missing the point that they are both born with fingers, barring some major error. The idea that heterosexuality versus homosexuality is some subtle difference on the order of minor variations in fingerprints is simply not apt. It is more akin to being born with or without fingers.
In addition, if you were correct, it would fly in the face of all the homosexualist propaganda that has been spread about the various twin studies. The claim has been that those studies confirm a genetic basis, which is incorrect.
Paul Omar LervÃ¥g,
Furthermore, just because some families are fully homosexual does not prove a genetic basis. It does not, of itself, rule out total environmental (nurture versus nature) causes. Families impact upon themselves generationally. You write as if that doesn't exist.
Also, there are many people who believed as you claim (about being exclusively homosexual) only to change. They were not considered, nor did they consider themselves, bi-sexual. The fact is that sexual attraction is something that can definitely be conditioned into people. All other things being equal, how else can homosexual pedophilic rape of non-homosexual youths becoming then same-sex attracted be fully explained? It happens all the time whether you conveniently choose to ignore it or not.
You are mistaken, ill-informed, and misleading others. You are suffering from cognitive dissonance. You have not undergone radical reconditioning only to remain exclusively attracted to the same sex. You also can't speak for those who want to undergo change and who don't give up but seek and find. I have heard from many of them.
You mentioned your upbringing, but what you mentioned is far from enough to rule out environmental causes versus genetic. You may very well fit the more typical patterns concerning family. The fact that one's parents professed Christianity doesn't explain everything. SOCE usually goes into father-son and mother-son relationships. Whether or not you were ever sexually abused would also factor in. It doesn't stop there though. There's a whole world of indoctrination, socialization, various forms of conditioning, to consider.
Are you for outlawing homosexually raped children from being able to receive psychological and psychiatric help for their unwanted same-sex attraction? Do you think a penis in an anus and up a rectum, using the rectum as a vagina, is wholesome and healthy whether physically or mentally (not that those two things are ever mutually exclusive)? If it is not, and I say it is not, then what does that mean for male homosexuality? It doesn't stop natural heterosexual procreation. It should preclude the main male homosexual sexual activity though. It is either that or all homosexuals would continue engaging in other sexual acts absent anal sex, but that would go against the vast majorities attraction, proving my point.
It will be interesting to see whether or not you actually answer the questions. As for how far you are prepared to go on the psychoanalytical couch right here, so to speak, well, just how far are you prepared to go to show that you don't fit the environmentally impacted pattern? Regardless, you don't speak for all of the people who are, or ever have been, same-sex attracted.
You are not speaking for me. The answer is truth, not killing people.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)