I just read this:
What makes one avalanche much larger than another has nothing to do with its original cause, and nothing to do with some special situation in the pile just before it starts. Rather, it has to do with the perpetually unstable organization of the critical state, which makes it always possible for the next grain to trigger an avalanche of any size.
I'm sorry, but if I put this "delicately," it will not have sufficient impact: That quoted statement is just astoundingly shortsighted.
"...nothing to do with its original cause...." What's the "its" there? That's not the strikingly shortsighted part though. This is: "...has...nothing to do with some special situation in the pile just before it starts."
The exact aspect of every variable concerning the pile will exactly predict exactly what adding another grain of sand of an exact type and in an exact way will do. In other words, given the exact same setup, the exact same avalanche will occur over and over and over. That's science and logic. If one wants to introduce God changing things against the "laws of physics" into the equation, well, God will inform you if you will listen, hear, and understand, that God is then a variable.
There is no chaos, only ignorance.
Stability does not lead to instability. Inherent instability within the whole is its own source. In fact, the term whole is misapplied or misdefined by the usage or context there. A true whole is indivisible. A true whole has zero instability and will never experience instability.
What is wrong with the political economy of the Earth is lack of cooperation for the sake of wholeness. That lack is due to ignorance. When someone says that he or she just doesn't want to cooperate and share, etc., that one is speaking from ignorance, which may also be called confusion. Confusion there reintroduces the notion of chaos, and we come full circle showing the inappropriate use of the language that causes what appears to many to be a perpetual "human nature" of selfishness.
It is not human nature, but learned ignorance: conditioned, literally abused into the person. The abuser and the abused who do not overcome, are separated off from the true whole, which is God in my book.
There are then two languages running which don't really parallel each other. One is a continuous spectrum running from left to right and top to bottom. The other is a split between good and evil. The statement "nothing to do with its original cause" is of the former. It is shortsighted.
This is why Europe is facing an economic crisis. This is why the Earth is in turmoil.
The bankers want their interest. Europe needs a debt-free political economy. Germany is in a position to make that happen simply by creating a debt-free currency and paying off all debts. The German leadership is myopic. It currently lacks the vision and the fortitude to go from where it is to where it needs to go.
During a crisis, the old law is excelled and a new, enhanced, better understanding of the law comes into being provided the leadership brings forth net bounty — no excuses, no "externalities," no unforeseen and negative consequences, no negative consequences, period.
That is the heart and soul of Christianity.
The German leadership are the steward-servants, the caretakers of the house, the estate, the nation, and even Europe and the world if that leadership will set the proper example. The same applies to leadership everywhere. Leadership is also only as able for others as those others are fellow servants, all.
Is the world savable? Can human action do it? The world is more than what meets the eye. I know human action can do it because Jesus has said, "bring forth." Everything else is an unacceptable excuse.
"...a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit...." — Jesus Christ
The best Risk Management is universal unselfishness, harmlessness. It's healing.
Hyman Minsky worked within the mixed-economic model. We must break out of that or fail. We must move beyond a debt culture and society/system altogether or fail. Ultimately, we (the remnant of humanity) don't fail; therefore, it is a matter of when rather than whether. The timing is when we do it. Which generation is this? Failure or success of this species is a freely available choice.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)