The following open reply should be fairly self-explanatory:
In response to your "One World Sexuality ...for all" Facebook Group invitation, let me make the following perfectly clear.
The last issue between us on the Facebook NARTH Group was California SB 1172 and children even raped and then suffering from unwanted same-sex sexual arousal as a result and whether or not those children would have the legal right under the secular law to in California, obtain professional, licensed, mental-healthcare-provider therapy for that condition. You knew that but repeatedly refused to say they should have that right. Therefore, for that reason and others (in my view, many misrepresentations on your part concerning the NARTH Group on Facebook and more), you are on the dark side on it and your new group is based upon deceptions and falsehoods.
My personal sense at this point about you is that you are highly likely looking for being accepted as a homosexual, that perhaps you want to come back out of the closet and be affirmed by the whole of society in your homosexual behavior, including being accepted in that by even me. If that's the case (perhaps it's not), it's not going to happen. I reject homosexuality, period; and it's going to stay that way.
Let me know if you turn to God, Jesus Christ's father and my father, and repent. Otherwise, unless you want help from me in doing that, I would prefer not hearing from you again in the general course of events.
May God bless you with the real truth, which you do not now have, neither are you leading anyone to it but quite the opposite.
Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project
Ordinarily, I would not publish something like this in the open but rather respond privately. Patrick though writes in the About section of his new Facebook Group the following:
There is a way, there is a full form; not yet fully expanded, not having reached its maximum extents, mostly not worked-out , still ambiguously inconclusive, misleading or contradictory, confusing and contrasting... but; it is out there, somewhere in the not to distant future, impressed in the biological plausibility of our bodies and minds, to where all of today's sexual expressions among people can have their unanimously accepted and enjoyed moments by anybody, circumstantially and proportionately appropriate by everyone's natural sense of when and why.
That to me says that he is asking people to accept homosex, to not say that homosex does not belong, to not say that homosex is a fundamental error. It actually says more than that if you will consider everything that it allows: pedophilia, etc.
There is a great deal more I could say about all of this, but the NARTH Group is a closed group; and aside from explaining directly the bit above about California SB 1172, which is a homosexual fascistic bit of legislation that is extremely dangerous to the civil liberties Americans now enjoyed under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America, I don't wish to go into a grey area concerning the group where I would be possibly violating the desired privacy of others who wish to openly discuss and explore NARTH and Reparative Therapy, etc., without being subjected to hyperactive homosexual activists dancing all about the issues, refusing to be pinned down on anything substantive.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. — First Amendment to the United States Constitution
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)