William Rivers Pitt:
Why is the president bending over backwards for what is demonstrably a CIA that has gone dangerously rogue? It might have something to do with the fact that the current CIA Director, John Brennan, was up to his neck in the torture program while a member of the Bush administration, and is now the CIA director because Mr. Obama nominated him. Yes, it just might.
The whole thing reeks of a cover-up, but don't get too sanctimonious about it. They were "patriots," and we were "afraid," and besides, it was just "some folks" who were tortured.
The presidency of Barack Obama ended on Friday, August 1st, 2014, as far as I am concerned. He'll sit in that round room until January of 2017, but he can go peddle his platitudes elsewhere. By lining up with and defending the torturers, he has added his name to the roll call of shame that continues to dishonor this nation. I no longer have any interest in what he has to say.
For me, Obama's "Presidency" never began. I knew he was a huge phony before he even announced his candidacy, and I said so at the time. He's a gigantic liar and cover-up artist. He encourages that false propaganda underpin his administration.
Here's my own post (four days before Pitt's) on that statement from Barack Obama: CIA "tortured some folks": Barack Obama, John Brennan, Dianne Feinstein, George W. Bush, John Ashcroft.
Are you going to continue falling for what Barack Obama is claiming against Vladimir Putin? Don't forget all the lies he was caught in concerning Edward Snowden.
Over and over, Obama would open his mouth claiming something does or doesn't happen, and documents from Edward would be released showing/proving Obama is nothing but an abject liar.
The Obama administration is a neocon/Zionist-infested cesspool filled with professional liars and con artists. And we're all supposed to think homosexuality is just fine too and all based upon the same sort of distortions and half-truths Obama has used concerning just about every subject he's touched: healthcare, Iran, Ukraine, torture, blanket domestic-spying, GMO's, lobbyists in his administration, banksters, whistleblowers, extra-judicial killing (murder on his say-so alone; no due process, not even attempted) of US citizens, and on and on and on.
Look at what Benjamin Netanyahu has been getting away with while Obama covers for him. Look at Netanyahu calling for the US to not allow Netanyahu and the other Israeli war criminals to be held accountable.
That's what Obama does best, isn't it, allow the perpetrators to walk unrepentant, unbowed? Sure it is. He's one of them. He's a social climber of social climbers. He'll suck up to whomever until his own tribe is obscenely rich (in mammon) royalty (in Hell), just like Bill and Hillary Clinton.
What the United States of America needs is an anti-Zionist President, Legislature, and Judiciary, all at the same time.
Zionism is unmitigated poison. It is nationalism (racism in this case) to the obvious exclusion of open democracy (open democracy for which the United States ostensibly stands). It is poison for Jew and Gentile alike.
What the United States of America needs is truth-seekers and -tellers running all things. That precludes Zionists. It needs to repent of all its sins, which are legion. It needs to be the opposite of greedy, war-like, and sexually depraved (which necessarily means returning to the absolutely certain truth that homosex is contrary to sanity).
It is critical that people stop voting for the lesser of evils. If the Republican and Democratic Parties won't allow righteousness, pull down the Republican and Democratic Parties. Have a revolution. It doesn't have to be violent.
As a pacifist, I advocate a peaceful revolution. I won't engage in the violent overthrow of the lawless regime now running things. We have to stop stooping to their level. We have to raise the people's expectations for righteousness.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)