Well, it's official. The hot, global War on Terrorism will expressly turn its focus against those of Islam who believe, and act upon their belief, that God wants violently coercive conversions of all human beings on the planet to that brand of Islam or falling short of such conversions, the summary executions of all who refuse.
Boko Haram consists of sheer evil. So too does IS and at least a large proportion of the Taliban (perhaps all after those with any sense at all get out).
Late Saturday evening, international journalists received a video from members of the Boko Haram insurgency depicting the execution of around 100 non-Muslims in a dormitory-style hall reportedly located in Bama, a remote town in northeast Nigeria. ... Saturday’s release went above and beyond previous Boko Haram productions, paralleling the barbarism of videos issued by the Islamic State in Iraq.
Set to music, the 11-minute video depicts Boko Haram militants, some dressed in camouflage, others in flannel and jeans, loading fresh magazines into AK-47s before filing into a long, dormitory-style hall filled with “infidels” (or non-Muslims) curled against one another on the floor. Upon entering, some of the men depicted begin to indiscriminately shoot at the bodies covering the floor before targeting those that move in response to the gunfire. The victims’ cries, heard between the gunshots, are drowned out by young men chanting, “Allahu Akbar” (or “Allah is Great”) while peering in on the massacre through the hall’s barred windows.
While it remains unclear how many of the victims were professed Christians, the film’s speaker states, “We have made sure the floor of this hall is turned red with blood, and this is how it is going to be in all future attacks and arrests of infidels (or non-Muslims).” The speaker continued, saying, “From now, killing, slaughtering, destruction and bombing will be our religious duty anywhere we invade.”
Open Doors’ World Watch List ranked Nigeria the most dangerous country in the world for Christians to reside in 2013. Since its radicalization in 2009, Nigerian Christians have been all but eradicated from the country’s northeast by Boko Haram. Responsible for the deaths of more than 14,000 Nigerians since 2009, Boko Haram has single handedly killed an estimated 1,800 Christians this year alone.
ICC’s Regional Manager for Africa, Cameron Thomas, said, “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims of this inexcusable atrocity. Militants, armed with AK-47s and a perverted theology of violence and bloodshed, have decimated community after community on their rampage across Nigeria’s northeast. Boko Haram has laid waste to the Nigerian church, slaughtering believers for their refusal to convert to Islam, abducting and enslaving schoolgirls for their Christian faith, and murdering pastors for preaching the Good News of Jesus Christ. The insurgency can and must be eliminated before its caliphate spreads, claiming innocent lives with each and every advance.”
As I wrote before and as seemingly picked up by the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, who correctly stated the same thing (the next day or so), Russia is a natural ally of the US in this matter.
As for how Americans and Europeans should be viewing Mr. Putin and Russia concerning Ukraine, see my post of yesterday: "Crazy US 'Group Think' on Russia," by Robert Parry.
The Neocons (who are deep within the Obama camp) are completely wrong about Russia and Vladimir Putin. If Barack Obama has any brains at all, he will immediately reverse course concerning Russia.
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)