- TWITTER DAILY UPDATE FOR 2010-01-28 http://ff.im/-f18vW..... #
- Thanks to Ali Abunimah @avinunu for this: Palestinian Authority: Pray our way or else http://electronicintifada.net/.....1036.shtml #
- @livewithlove9 Thanks for the link: http://www.earthisland.org/jou.....cle/golpe/ in reply to livewithlove9 #
- Is your stinking gold investment from environmentally toxic heap-leaching, gold cyanidation, cyanide process, MacArthur-Forrest process? #
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.....yanidation #
- "...bad behavior on Wall Street is rewarded...." Obama helped do that. #
- "...if we had allowed the meltdown of the financial system, unemployment might be double what it is today." That's exactly backwards. #
- "More businesses would certainly have closed. More homes would have surely been lost." That's wrong, and Obama knows it. #
- Barack Obama heard and read the alternative ideas. He was told of the proven and easy ways to create full employment. #
- He was told of the ways insolvent banks have been handled for decades without causing all the problems we now have. #
- He knows United States Notes are sitting there as an interest-free alternative to extremely evil Federal Reserve Notes. #
- He also knows that the financial system is not stable. The underlying fundamentals are no better now than they were. In fact, they're worse. #
- The banksters are dishing out record bonuses because they've gouged the people. They've raised interest rates and fees across-the-board. #
- The banksters are making money on the carry trade, which is borrowing cheaply here and buying currencies in markets paying higher interest. #
- All the money that went into the insolvent banking system could have gone into Main Street. The banksters didn't lend but consolidated. #
- The banksters are the cause of the problems but have received huge profits. Obama's measures are tiny, weak, and patently unfair. #
- The people's money is far more than the TARP amount. All the lost value of the economy but the toxic derivatives is owed back too. #
- The Recovery Act (stimulus bill) was better than nothing, but every unemployed person could have had a job in less than a month. #
- It was a huge error not to do a New New Deal-plus. It was a huge error to support financial capitalism rather than real productivity. #
- Right now, all they are doing is blowing up another bubble that will burst. They have not ended the phony business cycle. #
- They've just used smoke and mirrors to hide the movement of toxic securities the people are paying for with taxes they can't afford. #
- All of Obama's measures are centered around rewarding personal selfishness and not cooperation. His economic plan is evil. #
- Business shouldn't have to "access credit" from banksters. Human enterprise doesn't have to be based upon usury. Usury is parasitic. #
- The people's government can issue United States Notes based exactly on real productivity, interest free, and without inflation or deflation. #
- Pumping money into nuclear power plants is a terrible idea — wicked. Every dime should go into solar and other non-toxic energy methods. #
- More offshore oil & gas development is likewise insane. Obama is rewarding environmental polluters. Clean-alternatives-only is the only way. #
- Biofuels have been largely a disaster, and there is no such thing as clean coal. By the time coal could be "clean," we wouldn't need it. #
- The money Obama is wasting on the military could fund college and advanced degrees for anyone capable of doing the academic work. #
- He talks about competition, coal, and college but not the WPA, cooperation, ending mountaintop removal, or tuitionless universities. #
- Obama talks about health insurance. He didn't press for Senate hearings on single-payer used in France with the world's best health system. #
- He says he's bringing the troops home from Iraq, but where will they be sent? What's the next front and the next and the next and the next? #
- Oh, he had to throw in the utter lie that Iran is violating international law with Iran's nuclear program. He gave a bone to the Zionists. #
- You will notice that Barack Obama has never produced a shred of evidence against Iran. He'll saber rattle against them though for Zionists. #
- What a wicked thing to do that is. Where's the proof Barack Obama. You're lying. You have no evidence. Show the proof, liar! #
- He mentioned climate change, not global warming. He didn't explain how he backed way off anti-global warming targets. He's rewarded big oil. #
- Did he break his arm patting himself (America) on the back? What about the babies murdered by CIA Hellfire missiles from predator drones? #
- He said al Qaeda members had been killed. Plenty of news story say "suspected" al Qaeda. How many were innocent & murdered, Barack Obama? #
- Obama's State of the Union Address was highly inappropriate. He was an obfuscating motivational speaker peppered with stand-up comic. #
- He didn't even mention Gaza, the illegal settlements in the West Bank, Manuel Zelaya and the coup in Honduras, or many other grave issues. #
- I'm not disappointed because I didn't expect he's changed. He hasn't. He's the same disaster he was when he was running for the nomination. #
- "...the true engine of job creation in this country will always be America's businesses. (Applause.)" That's an arbitrary, cruel saying. #
- The engine to create jobs is supposed to be a choice. Tyrannical, selfish, greedy, unjust, heartless capitalists violently suppress it. #
- The suffering of every child with an out-of-work parent is on the heads of people ever against immediate, productive, public-sector jobs. #
- The supposed people's government of America could put 6 million to work within a month doing highly valuable, helpful work. #
- The recession/depression could be over instantly. The banksters would also lose their positions as the rapists of humanity. Usury would end. #
- The National Debt will disappear. Income taxes will disappear. Taxes will disappear. Everyone will own everything: our house. #
- Greed will be gone out of the heart of every person. Violence will be no more. If it's selfish and harmful, souls will be healed of it. #
- Bring forth the New Heaven to the New Earth. #
- I vote for the New Heaven and New Earth. #
- The Constitution of the United States is not designed to bring forth Christlikeness. It's designed violently to suppress it. #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)