- TWITTER DAILY UPDATE FOR 2010-01-29 http://ff.im/-f4VPC..... #
- RT @holytweeting St Oswald Foundation: Papism.... [This is an interesting read. I disagree somewhat. I'm not Orthodox.] #
- Geithner is false. The AIG bailout did not stave off catastrophic failure of the economy. It was for a parasitic sector only. End usury. #
- The U.S. Senate is evil on nearly every front. Rather than move to dissolve the Fed, they reconfirmed Ben Bernanke as it's Chairman. #
- Businesses will receive a $5K tax credit for each worker hired & reimbursements of Social Security taxes. That's socialism for capitalists. #
- Reportedly, Hillary Clinton is against a peace deal with the Taliban's leadership. Blessed are the peacemakers, so what is she? #
- The U.S. is using the taxes of the poor to bribe Pashtuns to cave into greedy imperial domination over Afghanistan for poppies & pipelines. #
- Without any evidence against Iran, the U.S. Senate voted more sanctions against Iran. No one who voted that way is fit to lead. #
- China & Russia are playing games not flat out publicly telling the U.S. & Israel to put up hard Iranian nuclear-weapons evidence or shut up. #
- Iran has every mundane legal right to enrich uranium. They can even build nuclear bombs, just like Israel, India, Pakistan, France.... #
- Iran can walk away from the NPT. It's in the agreement. They haven't done that, and there's no proof they are building nukes or want to. #
- Hillary Clinton is a fascist Zionist who hates Iranians & is ready to wipe them off the map for not knuckling under to her dictatorship. #
- Oh, people will say that Hillary is not a dictator. She's trying to dictate to the Iranians for the Zionists and U.S. Empire. #
- Punish Iran without evidence; otherwise, the illegitimate, racist Zionist Project "will feel its very existence threatened," said Hillary. #
- Hillary said the "will feel its very existence threatened" part. The rest is mine and the truth. #
- Concerning FEMA trailers to Haiti, so long as they aren't poisonous, it's a great idea. #
- FEMA trailers could be tested. It wouldn't be that hard to do it right. The ones that don't pass should be dismantled & dealt with properly. #
- All the tent cities in the U.S. should have been handled this way too since the greedy system threw families on streets and to live in cars. #
- Wow, even if James O'Keefe is telling the truth about not planning to bug Senator Landrieu's office, did he ever do a really stupid thing. #
- James's statment: http://biggovernment.com/2010/.....more-66982 I hope he's innocent of the bugging idea. #
- "Jewish cemetery desecrated in eastern France" is in with Religious News on Yahoo, but most Jews say Jewishness doesn't mean religion. #
- Should Jewish news still be on the religion pages since Judaism is the religion now according to most self-identified Jews? #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)