- Twitter Digest: December 3, 2011 http://t.co/wIQQ3ucf..... December 3, 2011 @ 17:08
- Tell Reid & Pelosi: Don't cave to Republican threats against the poor on the Keystone XL Pipeline http://t.co/igbi7YvP..... December 4, 2011 @ 06:03
- #December 4, 2011 @ 07:01 US: "number of people looking for a job fell by 315,000" -- John Mauldin. People are giving up & will soon "not count."
- #December 4, 2011 @ 07:01 US: "number of people counted as not in the labor force...swelled by 487,000 to a record 86.5 million." -- John Mauldin
- Trump the shameless Birther.... "Trump? The Republican Primary Is Now Officially A Gong Show," by Joe Conason. http://t.co/6vf6xUuN..... December 4, 2011 @ 07:05
- Gutting government so private enterprise can employ more is folly. Private enterprise has been trending to those at the top keeping more. December 4, 2011 @ 07:16
- #December 4, 2011 @ 07:18 The fastest way to end this Great Employment Depression is for the federal government to hire 20 million via United States Notes.
- #December 4, 2011 @ 07:22 Pay off the US National Debt via United States Notes pegged to real productivity - no inflation, deflation, austerity, or debt!
- #http://t.co/F9f3Y9vw..... December 4, 2011 @ 09:21 Re: DHS, Congressional economic-incentive for Occupy crackdowns: Naomi Wolf v. Joshua Holland
- http://t.co/eH0wf0N9..... Let me say first that I view pedophilia as symptomatic of lust and depravity in general. Also, it appears to me... December 4, 2011 @ 16:07
- http://t.co/jxNlWRvT..... (cont.) If the male sexual organ does not belong in the orifice that exists for one purpose only, to defecate,... December 4, 2011 @ 16:07
- http://t.co/F5sHoA8i..... (cont.) If we here start this meme, as it were (I don't like the term myself, but so many people know the... December 4, 2011 @ 16:08
- Pedophilia is epidemic. What should we do as Christians? http://t.co/2Y1IDZA1..... December 4, 2011 @ 16:19
- Boy Assault Is a Crime, Not a Sexual Debut http://t.co/lfL3eh4w..... via @AddThis December 4, 2011 @ 16:32
- RE:Hello Joshua,
By Group Think, I was referring to the
global-war-on-terror-excuse Group Think... http://t.co/cWgLdEy5..... December 4, 2011 @ 18:04
- #December 4, 2011 @ 18:41 Frank Luntz says the government "takes from the rich." Ah, you'd think the poor invented taxes. Idiot!
- http://t.co/XRkYWkox..... Have you ever heard of Frank Luntz? He changed "estate taxes" into "death taxes" in much of the American mind... December 4, 2011 @ 19:32
- http://t.co/jBlp3roQ..... Debbie, Your reply is offensive: "...you've got an obsession that is unhealthy...." It's interesting that you're... December 5, 2011 @ 12:05
- http://t.co/K5fIs0OQ..... "...Christian zealot, who was much like you." I trust the other Christian "Zealots" here will not appreciate your... December 5, 2011 @ 14:41
- http://t.co/5fMOSP05..... "...if you stand in the public square and drone on about where penises are supposed to go, how many prodigals do... December 5, 2011 @ 14:41
- http://t.co/ddFNTuA9..... "By the way, you have not said how you plan to address those of female persuasion who have a different anatomy. Do... December 5, 2011 @ 14:42
- http://t.co/Wm0lWjmP..... "I also showed you the futility in attempting to lasso the media establishment...." You haven't shown that at all.... December 5, 2011 @ 14:43
- http://t.co/GTMMXgTY..... I don't need your forgiveness here on anything I've written here because I haven't written anything wrong. I have... December 5, 2011 @ 14:44
- Cowards, moral midgets: BBC climate-change episode of "Frozen Planet" to be censored out by Discovery Channel. http://t.co/6FlgtRlX..... December 5, 2011 @ 18:20
- Homosexual fascism: Read this: 1) http://t.co/dpDRnWzU..... and then this: 2) http://t.co/5dVIClIC..... December 5, 2011 @ 18:54
- NASA - Kepler-22b -- Comfortably Circling within the Habitable Zone http://t.co/h0B0MN6o..... December 5, 2011 @ 20:52
- Everything that happens to a conscious child changes its brain. "Study finds how child abuse changes the brain" http://t.co/thXlvK7V..... December 5, 2011 @ 21:13
- RE: @TomUsherI wonder if the Chip Berlet syndrome is afoot.There's something about a certain clique of "leftists" ... http://t.co/hsPSce5B..... December 5, 2011 @ 21:51
- Greedy-Serpent Alert: GMOs are illegally in Organic Baby Food, & the NOSB allowed it! December 6, 2011 @ 09:53
- On Obama's veto of "terrorists" to military custody, the "battlefield" talk is all nonsense http://t.co/U5tvxt9x..... December 6, 2011 @ 11:23
- #December 6, 2011 @ 11:40 One of the greatest liberties of humanity is freedom from greed.
- #December 6, 2011 @ 12:33 Germany & France aren't stepping up. They need to convert the euro into a debt-free currency. No bonds! No government borrowing!
- #December 6, 2011 @ 12:51 The Bundesbank is right 1) bond purchases are not the right way to go & 2) QE is bad (but for the wrong reasons).
- #December 6, 2011 @ 12:56 QE isn't needed under a debt-free currency supply-pegged to real productivity. You won't learn this anywhere else. Think!
- #December 6, 2011 @ 13:12 The US is ethnically diverse. So is Europe. Each can have one currency, or combine them. In any case, make the currency(s) debt-free.
- #December 6, 2011 @ 13:17 In proper democracy, there's no credit system to regulate. There're production & allocation decisions via equal-citizen/owner say.
- #December 6, 2011 @ 13:18 An economy definitely does not need a credit system or private banking. In fact, those things are counter-productive: retarding.
- #December 6, 2011 @ 13:24 The people don't understand that a democratic economy absent private banks is superior. Dictators use the ignorance.
- #December 6, 2011 @ 13:30 Problem: Thinking inside existing conventional economic models. Solution: Think no usury (interest), loans, debts, taxes, even money.
- Being anti-abortion is not anti-woman. Split the hairs. Rape is not equal to casual sex. Raped women have carried to term & been glad. December 6, 2011 @ 13:57
- Alfred Kinsey's chain: Recent Charges Of Sexual Abuse Of Children In Hollywood Just Tip Of Iceberg http://t.co/3PLea29v..... December 6, 2011 @ 14:08
- "Obama battles charges he's not Israel's friend" Hmmm, he ought to be battling them that he is. Free Palestine. One-state solution. December 6, 2011 @ 14:40
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)